Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever has developed an extensive youth program that includes Youth Mentored Hunts, Youth Habitat Projects, and Youth Leadership Development. In May of 2017, PF is hosting an educational event, “Focus On Forever” which is a “train the trainer” type event designed specifically for conservation volunteers and agency staff who are passionate about sharing our outdoor traditions with youth and their families. Participants will learn best practices for a variety of activities, events and programs that engage youth and families.
Presenting Sponsors of the event include, NAVHDA, Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever, Ducks Unlimited, Midway Foundation, Cabela’s Outdoor Fund, National Wild Turkey Federation and Nebraska Game Parks.
The event will be held May 19 – 21 at the Eugene T. Mahoney State Park, Ashland Nebraska. For more information about the wonderful location please visit this website http://outdoornebraska.gov/mahoney/
Any NAVHDA Member is encouraged to attend the event. NAVHDA is providing up to 10, $250 scholarships for NAVHDA Members who are interested in attending the event. The $250 is intended to cover the entry fee as well as lodging and meal costs at the facility where the event is hosted. Any NAVHDA Members who attends the event will be responsible for their own travel and ancillary costs.
Participants will be have the opportunity to attend various seminars throughout the weekend provided by Pheasants Forever, Ducks Unlimited and National Turkey Federation. Some examples include.
- Hosting High Quality Mentor Hunts
- Shooting Spots Clinics for Beginners
- Coaching a Shotgun Team
- Bird Dog Field Days
- The New Hunter Adoption Model
- Hands-On Habitat Education
- Outdoor Skills Instructor 101
- New Hunter Pipeline Clubs
To be as fair as possible, the NAVHDA Youth Committee has decided on the following process for distributing the scholarships:
- Each Chapter President and/or Officer is asked to share this information regarding this event with your chapter members to gather interest.
- Any interested participants are asked to email our Central Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than March 31st, 2017
- Any person who attended the Focus on Forever event in 2016 is not eligible for a scholarship in 2017, but is encourage to attend the event.
- If the 10 scholarship are not filled, we will then open up the remaining scholarships to any NAVHDA Member who is interested in attending.